This privacy notice sets out how School Ground Sounds (SGS) uses and protects any personal information that you give us. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
WHAT WE COLLECT
If you are registered to receive newsletters from us we hold your name and the email address that you wish our mailings to be sent to.
If you are a young musician and have taken part in one of our activities (e.g. the Grit School, studio recording sessions, songwriting workshops, songwriting competitions, mentoring), we will have collected personal information which may include your name, email address, telephone number and postal address. If you are under 16 we will also hold a parental consent form. We may also collect and hold the feedback which you provide.
If you have worked with us as a volunteer or workshop leader, applied to us for a job, donated to us or supported us in some other way we will have collected personal information which may include your name, job title, email address, telephone number and postal address.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
When we collect and use your personal information we will make sure this is only done in accordance with at least one of the legal grounds available to us under Data Protection law as follows:
- If you are registered for one of our newsletters we will use the email address you have provided to send the newsletters containing information about SGS events. You will have the ability to unsubscribe on the receipt of a newsletter or at any point by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are or have been a participant in one of our activities, your data may be used both for contacting you and for evaluation, monitoring and reporting around the impact that SGS has achieved. Reporting to third parties (e.g. grant funders) will only be provided in aggregated or anonymised form.
- If you have worked with us as a volunteer or workshop leader, applied to us for a job, or supported us in some other way, your data may be used for operational purposes – essentially to be able to contact you and for internal reporting.
SGS will not share your personal information with any third parties unless we are required by law to do so or a third party has been contracted by us to perform the activities referred to above on our behalf.
In all cases, we balance our legitimate interest against your rights as an individual and make sure we only use personal information in a way or for a purpose that you would reasonably expect in accordance with this Privacy Notice and that does not intrude on your privacy or expressed mailing preferences.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we keep in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file sent by web servers that is placed on your computer or device. This enables the web server to identify and track individual web browsers. This includes general information about your computer’s operating system, browser and version, your IP address and/or domain name, your search engine (if you came to our site via a search), and the pages of our website which you visit.
SGS uses Google Analytics cookies to monitor our website performance and how visitors may be using our site. These cookies provide us with statistics and other information to identify areas that may need maintenance on our website and to discover where visitors to our website may have come from.
We collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide this information to us by registering for our newsletter. All information collected by Google Analytics cookies is anonymous.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may wish to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information to send you newsletters and invitations, you may change your mind at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of all mailings or by emailing us at email@example.com
- You may request that any personal information we hold about you is removed from our records.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to School Ground Sounds, 14 Henderson Road, London SW18 3RR. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible, at the above address, so that we can correct it.