“School Ground Sounds has definitely grabbed the attention of our students, cementing the music community of the school and offering a chance for students to excel outside of the classroom. Having seen the visible impact of SGS on our youngsters, I would encourage any school to make the most of this opportunity” (Deputy Head Teacher, The Elmgreen School).
School Ground Sounds provides an enhanced music education experience for schools in lower income areas of London. We have so far worked with 40 schools and over 150 young musicians between the ages of 11-24. Working closely with music departments, we are able to deliver inspiring opportunities for young people that benefit both individuals and school communities.
The programme of activities and support that we offer for students is continually being developed but currently includes:
- Getting studio experience: for developing musicians to get a taste of industry equipment.
- Recording a video session: aimed at more advanced musicians, to be showcased on our site.
- Joining our mentoring programme: for 16-24 year olds who may be interested in pursuing a music career.
- Entering a competition: for students looking to develop songwriting and composition.
- The Grit School: a 6-week music industry crash-course for 16-24 year-olds.
If any of these offers are of interest to you or your school music department, please do get in touch or ask any questions. We look forward to hearing from you.